Tuesday, July 16, 2013

BBQ Chicken with Bacon and Cheese

This was the first dish I made my husband Phil when we were dating. It is a copycat recipe of Chili's Monterrey Chicken. Although of course I do not put on the green onions. Phil must have liked it the first time because we are married now! Funny thing though, I do not believe I have made this again until tonight, which has been 8 years. I honestly don't know why now, because I really like it. I think because I have gotten so into cooking over the years that I just wanted to try new things all the time. So it was fun to make this again tonight. I added a twist too it this time though. I added a chili lime seasoning that I had in my spice cabinet. I don't think I will add that again. It gave it a smokey flavor and I really like the sweet flavor that it normally has. It was not bad, just not the same.

BBQ Chicken with Bacon and Cheese
Adapted from Chili's

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 slices of bacon, cooked
Chili lime seasoning (optional)
Shredded cheddar cheese
Your favorite BBQ Sauce

Preheat grill over medium heat for direct cooking.

Season chicken breasts with chili lime seasoning.

Grill 9 minutes a side over direct heat, or until chicken is no longer pink.

Brush with bbq sauce. Top with bacon and then shredded cheese.

Grill just long enough to melt the cheese.






No comments:

Post a Comment