Sunday, May 19, 2013

Oreo Rice Krispies

Phil and I went to a Pig Roast last night up in Wisconsin. I was trying to figure out something that I could bring that would be okay on the ride up there. I saw these Rice Krispie treats awhile back on Chef in Training I thought they would be the perfect recipe to sustain the ride and they only took 5 minutes to make, even better. They were gone pretty quickly. There were so many people at this party though that I did not get to hear any reviews. Phil and I each had one though and we both thought they were really good. I like trying different renditions of these. My mom used to make them with fruity pebbles. Those were always my favorite. These were a great change as well. A great treat for a party.

Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
Adapted from Chef in Training

6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
20 regular Oreos, chopped
5 cups mini marshmallows
3 tablespoons butter

Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.

In a large bowl mix the Rice Krispies and the Oreos.

In a large microwave safe bowl melt butter in microwave for about 30 seconds. Add marshmallows and microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Mix marshmallow mixture with Rice Krispies.

Add to 9 x 13 pan and use a spatula to press mixture around the dish.

Let cook to harden.


1 comment:

  1. A nice twist on an old favorite!! Just added you back on B-Lovin' and on G+

    ReplyDelete