Thursday, April 4, 2013

Carrot Cake Muddy Buddies

So many people loved when I made the birthday cake muddy buddies. I have been finding all sorts of different versions of the muddy buddies that I have been wanting to try. I saw this recipe for Carrot Cake muddy buddies and I thought it would be a fun snack to bring in to work after Easter. It has just taken me a little longer to make it. The recipe calls to use white chocolate as the binder but I decided to use the vanilla almond bark that I used for the birthday cake version. I don't know if these taste as much like carrot cake as the birthday cake version tasted like birthday cake. But they are still really good. The below recipe is for a single batch.

Carrot Cake Muddy Buddies

Adapted from Whats Cooking Love

5 cups rice Chex cereal
5 squares vanilla almond bark
1 1/2 cups carrot cake mix
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Mix the powdered sugar with the carrot cake mix in a plastic bag.

Put the Chex cereal in a large bowl.

Melt the almond bark according to the package directions. Pour melted almond bark over Chex cereal and combine well.

Pour cake mix over cereal and mix well.


No comments:

Post a Comment