Monday, March 25, 2013

Greek Style Pork Chops

Cookbook Recipe #42

I really love these cookbooks. So many recipes. Out of this one I chose to share the Greek Style Pork Chops. I have made this recipe several times. We really enjoy all the flavors that go on top of the chops. With all the cooking that I do, one thing I noticed that I need to work on is the searing of meat. Whenever a breading is involved I feel like I do not get that crispiness on the outside. It always seems to come out almost a little soggy. The overall taste of everything is always good, but I know it would be even better with a nice sear. Something I need to practice. Anyway, the only thing I really change from the original recipe is that I do not include the kalamata olives on top. I am an olive lover, but I feel like they are too salty. Hope you like this one as much as we do.

Greek Style Pork Chops
Adapted from Southern Living Annual Recipes 2004

1/2 cup bottled roasted red peppers, diced
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon rind
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 cup flour
Salt
Pepper
4 Bone in pork chops
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

 Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Stir together the first 7 ingredients and set aside.

Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Dredge both sides in flour.

Cook in a lightly greased oven proof skillet 2 minutes per side over medium high heat.

Spoon red pepper mixture over pork chops. Cover skillet and bake in oven for 5 minutes.

Uncover and top with feta cheese. Bake covered for 5 more minutes.

Print Recipe

This recipe is linked on: Rediscovering Lost Arts From Our Mothers Mix it Up MondaysMelt in your Mouth Mondays,  On the Menu Monday,  Show me Your Plaid MondaysMarvelous Mondays





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing at Show Me Your Plaid Monday's! These pork chops look really tasty!

    ReplyDelete