Thursday, December 13, 2012

Taco Pizza

Pizza number two this week! I make this recipe aaaalllllll the time. It is one of my favorites. It is super easy and really fast. I make this pizza usually towards the end of the work week when I am ready for the weekend and do not feel like cooking. Or if we are looking for a quick easy dinner before we have to head out somewhere.

I use ground turkey and refried beans for the filling but you could always get rid of the beans if they are not your thing and just do meat. I just really like the flavor that the beans give the meat. It also makes it seem much more filling to me as well.

When you look at the picture, can you pick out what half of the pizza is mine?! haha I do not like lettuce and tomato so I leave that off of my half. I do not like a lot of hoopla on my pizza, but I do enjoy the Doritos on top!

Taco Pizza
Adapted from Taste of Home

1 can crescent rolls
Shredded lettuce
1 Pound ground turkey
1/2 packet of taco seasoning
1 Can refried beans
Shredded cheddar cheese
Tomato, chopped
Doritos

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Unroll crescrent rolls and form together to make a crust. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until done.

Meanwhile, brown ground turkey, with seasoning packet, over medium heat in a medium skillet.

Once crust is done, pour meat mixture and spread evenly on crust. Top with cheese.

Place back in oven for about 5 more minutes until cheese is melted.

Top with lettuce, tomato and Doritos.

Print Recipe

This recipe is linked on: Full Plate ThursdayLink it up ThursdayCreative Thursday Wicked Good Wednesday Wednesday ExtravaganzaWhat's Cooking WednesdayCast Party WednesdayWhimsy Wednesday





4 comments:

  1. HAHAHA!! I love how your pizza is halved. We do that too. We can never agree on toppings. We haven't had taco pizza in a while, but looks like I need to add it to the rotation!
    And, so random... But, was is you (or Steph S.) who used to love fries and gravy from Family Table? HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my that loved fries with gravy. haha yum! Hope you had a great Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great day and come back real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your taco pizza looks delicious! Since I love both why not combine. I'm visiting from Wicked Good Wednesday and hope you will drop by to say hello. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete