Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Roasted Squash Wedges

Cookbook Recipe #26

I don't know about you but I get sick of the same old side dishes over and over again. I am trying to make side dishes based on what is in season. Right now its squash. I knew we were going to have roast chicken so I was looking for something to go with it. I found this recipe for roasted squash wedges in the Martha Stewart Living Cookbook. I feel like having a Martha Stewart cookbook is essential, just like having a Julia Child cookbook. This cookbook has elevated versions of classic recipes. Recipes using the ingredients that are in the stores now that were not as ready available in stores years ago. I always think it is interesting to look at cookbooks then and now, they are the same but so different.

Back to the squash....I had never made acorn squash before, so I was excited to try something knew. Those suckers are hard to cut open, let me tell you. Phil and to slice them for me into the wedges. They came out very good.  I would maybe add a little brown sugar next time to make them a little bit sweeter.

Roasted Squash Wedges
Adapted from the Martha Stewart Living Cookbook: The New Classics

2 acorn squash
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper






Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cut squash in half through the stem. Remove seeds. Then cut each half into 3 wedges.

Place in a large roasting pan.

In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Brush onto squash wedges.

Cook for 35 to 45 minutes until tender.

 Print Recipe

This recipe is linked on:  Tempt My Tummy TuesdayTotally Tasty TuesdaysTasty Tuesday PartyTalent Show Tuesdays









No comments:

Post a Comment