Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ham and Swiss Sliders

I told you I was going to post some recipes from our holiday party so here goes it. I had these ham and cheese sliders at a bridal shower recently and I thought the presentation on them was really pretty. I am not a big fan or deli ham, mayonnaise or miracle whip, but all together they are really good! I think the icing on the cake for these sandwiches was the sauce that goes over top. The sauce did call for onions so I made 40 total sandwiches, half with onions and half without onions.

The only thing that I had a hard time with this recipe was getting all 24 rolls to fit in the 9 x 13 dish. I do not see how it is possible. I got 20 into the dish but that was all I could fit. I wish I could have gotten all the sandwiches in because they sandwiches were gone in no time. I got so many compliments on them. They are definitely an easy and presentable dish for a party!

Ham and Swiss Sliders
Recipe from Chef in Training

24 King's Hawaiian Rolls
24 slices honey ham
24 small slices swiss cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup miracle whip

Poppy Seed Sauce

1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 1/2 tablespoons mustard
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon minced onion
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut rolls in half.

In a small bowl mix mayonnaise and miracle whip. Spread mixture on both halves of rolls.

Top one half of roll with a ham slice and a cheese slice. Place other half of roll on top.

Place rolls close together in a greased 9 x 13 pan until completely full. Sandwiches will be smashed together.

Mix together ingredients for the poppy seed sauce. Pour evenly over top of rolls.

Bake for 12-15 minutes.

Print Recipe


This recipe is linked on:  Full Plate ThursdayLink it up ThursdayCreative Thursday Wicked Good Wednesday Wednesday ExtravaganzaWhat's Cooking WednesdayCast Party WednesdayWhimsy Wednesday



3 comments:

  1. This sounds so very interesting...a different spin on a plain ham & cheese sandwich. I will be pinning this to try real soon! Thanks for sharing.
    Saw you sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these little sliders, they are great for a crowd. Hope you have a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I would love to have a few right now, you mind bringing some over?! ;)
    Thank you so much for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza - Hope to see you there again tomorrow with more deliciousness :)

    ReplyDelete