Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Salisbury Steak

How many of you loved going to the store with your mom or dad growing up and picking out Kid's Cuisine? I sure did! I loved the wheels and cheese Kid's Cuisine. I used to think it was so cool to have  TV dinner.  I know one TV dinner I never would have wanted to eat as a kid would be salisbury steak. I really like it now, but that was the worst getting the salisbury steak for lunch at school even.
I got the TV trays that you see in the photo in spirit of TV dinners. I think they are super fun, although I think Phil thought I was silly using them.

I got this recipe from the Pioneer Women. I changed it up a little bit as the recipe called for putting onions on top of the steak, where I decided to do mushrooms. We really liked this recipe a lot. The gravy gives so much flavor to the meat. It is a good switch up to a burger or steak dinner.

Salisbury Steak
Adapted from the Pioneer Women

Meat Mixture:
1 pound ground round
1/3 cup bread crumbs
2 teaspoons ground mustard
1 cube beef bouillon
4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup
Salt
Pepper

Gravy:
1 carton sliced mushrooms
2 cups beef broth
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon kitchen bouquet
1 teaspoon corn starch
Salt
Pepper

Combine all the ingredients for the meat mixture and mix until well combined. For into 4 to 6 oval shaped patties.

Fry patties in a skillet over medium high heat on no longer pink about 15-20 minutes.

Meanwhile in a separate skillet, brown mushrooms.

Once mushrooms are browned, reserving a small bit of 1/4 cup of beef stock on the side, add rest beef stock, salt, pepper, kitchen bouquet and garlic salt. With reserved beef stock, mix in corn starch. Mix well until not lumpy and then add to gravy. Bring gravy to a boil to thicken.

Pour gravy over steaks and serve.

Print Recipe

This recipe is linked on:  Tempt My Tummy TuesdayTotally Tasty TuesdaysTasty Tuesday PartyTalent Show Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment