Monday, November 12, 2012

Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf

I must be in an Italian mood lately as my last couple posts have been Italianesque. I don't think that is a word, but it sounds right haha.

I got this recipe in an email from a blog that I subscribe to a couple weeks ago. I thought it sounded really good. I really like regular meatloaf so I have a hard time trying different recipes for different types of meatloaf because I think it is hard to beat the real thing. This meatloaf was really good. It tasted very similar to chicken parmesan (even though I used ground turkey instead of ground chicken. I think the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese inside the meatloaf gave the breading flavor and then the sauce and cheese on top completed the parmesan piece. It was really good. It was a great new twist on an old classic.

Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf
Adapted from Proud Italian

1 pound ground turkey (or chicken)
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup pasta sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl combine ground turkey, egg, basil, oregano, minced garlic, onion salt, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Mix well and pour into a greased loaf pan.

Top with pasta sauce.

Bake 45 minutes.

Top with shredded mozzarella and bake another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.

 Print Recipe

This recipe is linked on:   Mix it Up MondaysMelt in your Mouth MondaysOn the Menu Monday,  Makin You Crave MondayOr So she Says

No comments:

Post a Comment