Saturday, October 13, 2012

Oven Fried Turkey Burgers

I found this recipe in my Rachael Ray October issue. Rachael Ray has so many unique burger recipes. Like she makes everything into a soup, she also makes everything into a burger. I have never seen an oven fried burger before. Sounded pretty amazing to me. Phil is a really big burger guy to. He likes to try all sorts of different kinds of burgers. I thought this would be a fun way to try a new kind of burger that isn't too terrible for you either.

It seems odd to me to use cereal to bread meat. But it is surprisingly good. I added some poultry seasoning to the recipe because I really love the flavor that it gives to meat. I would probably use less thyme next time because I am not a huge fan of it....it is a strong flavor. It was really good though. I like the crunch the cornflakes gave the burgers.

Oven Fried Turkey Burgers
Adapted from Rachael Ray

1 pound ground turkey
2 1/2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
Salt
Pepper
Flour
2 eggs beaten, with a few dashes of hot sauce added
1 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
Cooking Spray
Hamburger Buns
Toppings

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a medium bowl combine turkey, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties. Coat the patties in the flour then the eggs, then the cornflakes.

Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place patties on baking sheet and spray them with cooking spray,

Bake until crisp 18-25 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings! Quick question that's entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My site looks weird when viewing from my iphone4. I'm
    trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to
    fix this issue. If you have any recommendations, please share.
    Thanks!

    Feel free to visit my webpage increase size

    ReplyDelete