Friday, September 28, 2012

Cherry Crisp

Cookbook Recipe #16

For the past four years my mother-in-law Linda and I have gone to the Taste of Home Cooking Show. It is something that I look forward to every year. They cook around 8 recipes and then at the end of the show they draw names and whoever wins gets to take home the recipe and a nice piece of serveware . They also auction off a bunch of other prizes such as cookbooks and cookware. I really enjoy the Taste of Home recipes because they are all submitted by home cooks and then the test kitchen cooks them and decides which ones go in the magazines and cookbooks. So you always know they are going to turn out good. This year we upgraded our tickets to the VIP section, so not only did we get to sit in the
front, but we also got a free cookbook as well. I was really excited about this cookbook because I have been seeing it adverstised a lot. I have already marked several recipes to make in this book but I decided on the one to feature for this cookbook to be Cherry Crisp. Cherry crisp reminds me of eating school lunch because it was one of my favorite desserts that we got. Cherry crisp and when they put frosting in between two graham crackers. Those were the days!

This recipe was super easy. It is made in the microwave so dessert was ready in T minus 10 minutes...gotta love that!The only thing I would change for the next time I make this would be to use less sugar. I felt like it was a little too sweet. But other than that it was very close to the cherry crisp from my childhood days!

Cherry Crisp
Taste of Home Best Loved Recipes

1 21oz can cherry pie filling
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup quick cooking oats
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed

Spoon filling into a greased pie dish.

In a large bowl combine sugar, oats, and flour until well combined.

Cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.

Microwave for 8 minutes.

Print Recipe

This recipe is linked on: Foodie Friends Friday,  Foodie Friday, Full Plate ThursdayTastetastic ThursdayLink it up ThursdayThriving on ThursdaysCreative ThursdayFantastic Thursday





5 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and simple to make. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and remember to come back and vote on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha - the graham cracker "dessert." That one was probably my all-time fav!
    Keep me posted on your new camera, I'm still toying around with mine to figure it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie,
    Your Cherry Crisp looks delicious and a perfect dessert for fall. Hope you have a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delish! Cherry is one of my favorites for pie or crisps. I can’t wait to try the recipe. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete