Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Chai Latte Cupcakes

My General Managers last day is tomorrow because he is being promoted. He is a big fan of Starbuck's Chai Tea Latte's. We always know when he has had one as he gets overly talkative and seems very jittery. It is really funny! So I thought what would be more appropriate for his last day then to make Chai Latte Cupcakes.

I saw Starbucks flavored cupcakes first on Kimz Kitchen. I got the idea from her blog to make the cupcakes look like a Starbucks Frappacino's. I bought just white paper cups and trimmed them down to the size of the cupcakes. Then I found the Starbucks logo online and cut them out and pasted them on the cups. I stopped by Starbucks and asked if I could have several of their straws and trimmed them down to go on the top. I definitely can say it is the most visually creative thing I have ever made!

I have a knack for making a big mess in the kitchen for sure. I had frosting everywhere! I definitely have not figured out the trick to piping frosting out of a cake decorating bag, as I think I had more all over my hands and counter then I did on the actual cupcakes. Oh well, I am still pretty proud of myself!

Chai Latte Cupcakes
Adapted from Kimz Kitchen and Betty Crocker

Cupcakes:

1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist French Vanilla cake Mix
( water, eggs and vegetable oil called for on cake mix box)
1 1/2 (1oz) packages instant chai tea latte mix

Frosting:

1 cup white vanilla baking chips
1 container Betty Crocker Rich and Creamy White Frosting
Ground Cinnamon

Heat oven to 325 degrees (for nonstick).

Place paper cupcake liners in each of 24 regular size muffin cups.

Make and bake cake mix as directed on the box for 24 cupcakes.

Cool completely for 30 minutes.

In a microwavable bowl melt baking chips for 30 seconds. Repeat, if necessary until chips are melted. Cool 5 minutes. Stir in frosting until well combined.

Frost immediately.

Top with cinnamon.

Print Recipe

This recipe is linked on: What's Cooking WednesdayCast Party WednesdayWhimsy WednesdayFantastic ThursdayCreative ThursdayThriving on ThursdayLink it Up ThursdayTastetastic ThursdayFull Plate Thursday



6 comments:

  1. I love chai and I bet these were yummy. Hope you will join us for Foodie Friends Friday.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are SO cute!! I'm sharing them on my facebook page and pinning them. You are so clever, thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great cupcake idea! I know a lot of people that would love these! I am following your blog, I really think it is nice! I found you through the G+ party!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie,
    What a great idea for your cupcake, it looks awesome! Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie,
    Oh my these look scrumptious! Everyone will love these.
    I can’t wait to try the recipe. Thanks so much for linking up last week to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you have for this week’s party! Have a great week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete