Monday, August 6, 2012

Mini Pina Colada Bundt Cakes

I  pulled a Paula Deen when making this recipe as it calls for 2 cups of butter. Sometimes you just have to go with it though. A lot of desserts would not taste like dessert if it wasn't for the butter!

My coworker is coming back from maternity leave tomorrow after 3 months so I wanted to bring in a treat for the occasion. I found this recipe for the Pina Colada Bundt Cakes on the Live Love Pasta blog. When I saw this post I immediately printed out the recipe. I love Pina Coladas. I am a fufu drink girl, so when I order a drink it is usually a Pina Colada or a strawberry daiquiri. So I figured these cakes have to be good!

They cakes came out pretty good. I will definitely make them again but I think I would add more pineapple to the batter. They came out really well for a first try though.....I have never called myself a baker by any stretch so when desserts come out of the oven not burnt to a crisp I am happy!

Mini Pina Colada Bundt Cakes
Recipe from Live Love Pasta

For the Cake:

1 cup butter, softened
11/2 cups sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 egg whites
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup crushed pineapple, undrained

For the Glaze:

3 cups confectioners' sugar
5 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons Malibu Rum

Shredded coconut for garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a mini bundt pan.

Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, egg whites and vanilla and mix until well combined.

In a medium bowl mix together flour and baking powder. Add this mixture to stand mixer gradually and combine. Add in crushed pineapple.

Pour batter into mini bundt pan. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.

Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Then transfer for a wire cooling rack.

In a small bowl mix confectioners sugar, rum and milk until smooth. Dip tops of cakes in glaze and top with coconut if desired.

2 comments:

  1. These sounds delicious!! I'd love to have you link this up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/08/tasty-thursdays-3.html

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays at The Mandatory Mooch. Hope you will link up again this week. The party just went live at http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/08/tasty-thursday-4.html

    Thanks,
    Nichi

    ReplyDelete