Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Cake

Today was my boss and my coworkers birthday. So I decided to make a cinnamon roll cake recipe that I have seen now on several blogs and Pinterest. I thought it would be a good breakfast cake because you have cinnamon roll's for breakfast. It tasted just like a cinnamon roll. It was awesome! I only had a couple pieces left which I snatched up for Phil to have a taste.

I liked this recipe because I got all the goodness of a cinnamon roll without all the waiting around for the dough to rise, then the rolls to rise.

I love that with this blog I can make all the desserts I have been wanting to make and not have to leave it on my counter at home to eat because I can just bring it in to work to get eaten by everyone else!

Cinnamon Roll Cake
Adapted from Chef in Training

3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted

Topping:

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Glaze:

2 cups powdered sugar
5 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray and 9 x 13 glass baking pan with cooking spray.

In a stand mixer add flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Add butter on low and mix well.

Pour mixture into baking pan.

In a medium bowl mix together topping ingredients. Using a cookie dough scoop, or tablespoon, drop mixture evenly over batter in pan. Using a knife to marble the mixture through the cake.
Show and Tell Saturday
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.

For the glaze mix together sugar, milk and vanilla with a whisk. Pour evenly over warm cake.

Serve warm or at room temperature.

Print Recipe

This Recipe is Linked up on: Foodie FridayFriday FavoritesFoodie FridayStrut Your Stuff SaturdaySweet Treats SaturdaySweet Saturday

1 comment:

  1. This is a HUGE hit in our house! I'm going to try and adapt this to make them into muffins. If it turns out well I'll be blogging about it :)

    ReplyDelete