Monday, July 30, 2012

Spinach Tortellini with Pesto

If I am in the mood for something light and easy I like to make tortellini with pesto. I don't feel so bad about eating pasta when I use pesto. I usually do not feel as gross after eating it either because it is not super heavy.

When it comes to pesto for the most part I buy it pre-made from the store. Sometimes I will jazz it up a bit by adding crushed red pepper, garlic or parmesan. Tonight I decided to add pistachios.
As you know I watch a ton of Food Network. I was watching Guy's Big Bite one morning and saw him make a pesto with pistachio and rub it under chicken skin. Phil made this recipe (will try to post sometime soon) and I loved the flavor of the pistachio in the pesto.

If you do not have a mini food processor I would highly suggest one. I use mine for chopping up nuts really fine and making pesto (when I have made homemade) or a breadcrumb mixture for meat. So if you are in the mood for an easy and light supper give this one a try!

Spinach Tortellini with Pesto


1 Package Buitoni Spinach Tortellini
1 cup pesto
1/4 cup pistachios, shelled
1/4 cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup ricotta cheese

Cook tortellini according to package directions.

Chop shelled pistachios into small pieces. Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, pesto and pistachios together until well combined.

Once pasta is cooked in a small bowl combine pasta with 1/4 cup olive oil and pesto. Mix to coat pasta.
Top pasta with parmesan cheese and ricotta cheese.

Print Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment