Monday, July 23, 2012

Roasted Cauliflower

If you have regular Farmer's Markets in your area, I think you should think about checking them out. I need to do a better job at going myself. We have so many of them in the area. The only thing is most of them are at odd times during the week, so it can be tough to go. This weekend I went to a local one that is on Sunday's with my friend Nicole. The markets are a great way of enjoying your local fresh produce. A lot of times there is also vendors selling prepared jams, dressings and sauces as well. It is a good time to stock up on specialty ingredients that you cannot buy at the store.

I have been on a cauliflower kick recently and I saw this purple cauliflower at the market. I have seen the colored ones before but have never tried or made one. I asked the lady selling the produce if it tasted like regular cauliflower and she assured me it would. She was right, it tasted exactly like white cauliflower. I like to roast my cauliflower because I like the crispiness the ends get and it still gets nice and tender in the center.

Roasted Cauliflower
Adapted from Allrecipes


1 tablespoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets


Preheat oven to 425 degrees


Spray a large casserole with cooking spray. 


Toss cauliflower and all other ingredients together in casserole.

Bake for 40 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.

Print Recipe




No comments:

Post a Comment