Saturday, July 7, 2012

Caramel Sticky Buns

Some of my favorite cookbooks that I have are annual cookbooks. I have a few annuals in my large cookbook library. Pillsbury has a general annual book and a Christmas annual book. My mother in law Linda has gotten me both the past few years. I really like these books as they are a collection of recipes from  contestants in the cook and bake offs that they have. The recipes in these books are always very simple and kind of semi-homemade recipes as you can use ingredients like Pillsbury biscuits, pizza dough and crescent rolls to make the recipes, which I like because I am still intimidated by making my own dough, although I think I am going to make myself do it one of these days. I am sure there is a dough recipe somewhere among my near 300 cookbooks!

This recipe was one of the semi-homemade versions as it used Pillsbury grand biscuits to make the sticky buns. This recipe reminded me more of Monkey Bread than a sticky bun, but it was pretty good anyway.

Caramel Sticky Buns
Adapted from Pillsbury Annual Recipes 2012


1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 12oz can Pillsbury Grands Jr Golden Layers refrigerated biscuits


Heat oven to 375 degrees.


Grease 12 muffin cups with shortening.


In a small bowl mix butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture into each muffin cup.


In a large resealable plastic bag mix granulated sugar and cinnamon. Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 6 pieces. Place pieces into the plastic bag and mix well with the sugar to coat the dough. Place 5 biscuit pieces into each muffin tin.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Cool for one minute. Invert pan onto wax paper. Serve warm.


Print Recipe





No comments:

Post a Comment